The 1st line support desk engineer is responsible for assisting the helpdesk team in delivering first class support services to its networked and roaming customers of D&D Network Services.
Acting primarily in a 1st line support capacity, resolving issues over the phone, by email or via remote connectivity. The role is varied and requires a real team player who can manage their time efficiently & prioritise or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt resolution and closure.
All of our engineers have DBS clearance
- Answering and logging all support calls into our CRM system
- Providing 1st line technical support, responding to support queries to all our customers
- To maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
- To install and maintain hardware and software.
- Using a variety of software packages to produce documents and maintain policies/procedures, spread sheets and databases.
- Contacting third party suppliers in relation to support case.
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of PC Hardware
- A good understanding of networking & routing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Ideal some knowledge of Apple products
- Some Microsoft 365 experience
- Some knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft core systems, including but not limited to Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server, Apple OS/iOS.
- Awareness of various networking protocols: TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6.
- GCSE levels in Maths & English
- Level 2 in IT or equivalent
- Desirable – National Diploma Level 3 in ICT/IT or equivalent